“I think people look at somebody who is successful in their business, and then they go, “I should just replicate what they’re doing. That will make me successful too.” – Kirsten [00:19:20]
If you’ve never joined a mastermind, you are missing a big opportunity to grow your business in leaps and bounds. Working with a business mentor or coach can really help you see where you are stuck in your business and what you need to change. Yes, we all want to make money as business owners, but we also want the freedom to pursue our passions. It’s a balance that isn’t always easy to find, but you can absolutely do it with the right mindset.
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Kylee Van Horn, the founder and owner of a sports nutrition business. Kylee and I discuss why having a profitable business isn’t enough to make you happy, why she decided to join my mastermind and how it helped her, and why your online messaging needs to be authentic.
We also talk about the importance of experimentation in your business. You have to keep trying new things to see what works for you. You and your business needs will evolve, so don’t be afraid to change things up when you need to.
What’s in this episode:
- [06:15] How Kylee and I met, and how we both had businesses that were profitable but also felt like they were crushing us
- [12:25] Why Kylee decided to join my mastermind, even though she was already making good money
- [16:44] The steps Kylee put in place while working with me to shift her business away from one-on-one coaching as a sole income source and reclaim her free time
- [19:06] Why you should keep experimenting in your business to find what works for you, plus why visibility matters in the online space
- [25:15] Why your messaging matters when it comes to social media, and why you should just be you
- [30:34] The hardest thing Kylee has experienced in trying to get more of her time back from her business
The Loop Membership
Kylee Van Horn is the founder and owner of her sports nutrition business, Flynutrition, which helps runners, triathletes, cyclists, and skiers to learn not only the ‘why’ but the ‘how’ behind fueling for performance. Flynutrition’s mission is to separate facts from fads in the nutrition space and works to provide easy nutrition solutions to help improve health and performance. In addition to running her business, she is a freelance writer for Trail Runner Magazine, Women’s Running, and Outside Online. In her free time, you can find her adventuring in the mountains of Aspen, CO, where she resides with her ultra endurance husband, Sean, and two Australian Shepherds.
Connect with Kylee
To learn more about creating a business that feels easy, aligned, and fulfilling, on your terms, check out The.Evolution Mastermind.