“The most powerful part of coaching, whether I’m being coached or I am coaching, is being able to pull out those nuances of what is the need in your life.” — Kirsten [00:15:42]
In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Chrissy Williams, who is an RD that works with her clients from a functional health lens. She’s sharing how a bad coaching experience informed what she wanted for her own coaching business, why you should never let fear drive your decisions, and why a good coach will empower their clients to put in the work from a place that aligns with who they are as a person.
What’s in this episode:
- [02:02] How Chrissy’s personal functional healing journey led her to combine her RD experience with functional health to become a coach for women of all ages
- [05:39] Chrissy’s first coaching experience (which was not great), the importance of understanding there are options when looking for a coach that is right for you, and why nothing you do should ever be based in fear or shaming your clients
- [11:11] How Chrissy took this bad coaching experience and learned what she wanted her business to be and not be, and how she has changed as a coach as a result of that experience
- [15:13] The importance of making sure your coaching business and style fit with your life, and not the other way around, and why a good coach tailors their approach to fit their clients’ needs and empowers them to put in the work (rather than scaring them into it)
- [22:26] How coaching has affected Chrissy’s growth as a person, and how being coachable helps you be open to that personal growth
- [27:16] Chrissy’s experience working with me as a coach, and why I help my clients dig deep to feel what they need to feel and get to the root of the problem
Chrissy is a mom of 2 boys (ages 5 & 2), a wife, and a Registered Dietitian since 2013. She spent 7 years climbing the corporate wellness ladder until finally following her dream of starting her own private practice after having her second son in 2020. She is now a full-time mompreneur, helping women improve their metabolic health, balance their hormones, and recover from burnout through a functional health lens and a realistic approach for women in various stages of life (fertility to postpartum to menopause). Chrissy’s motto: We as women are meant to do BIG things but that requires optimal health as a foundation!
Connect with Chrissy
To learn more about creating a business that feels easy, aligned, and fulfilling, on your terms, checking The.Evolution Mastermind.
Kirsten is hiring a part-time RD in 2023! To inquire, send your resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org