“It has to start with a place of, I’m acknowledging that it is about more than just financial success. It is about what do I actually desire my life to look like? And then can I take action and lead myself down that path. That’s self leadership.” —Kirsten [07:59]
A common block for women is that they are waiting for acknowledgement or guidance to move forward with an idea, a plan, a project, a business. We see this a lot in the dietitian space. The truth is that the most important permission that you need to do anything in your life is from yourself.
In today’s episode, we’re talking about self-leadership—what it means, why it’s important to embrace and take action on it, and how to be flexible through the ups and downs of the journey.
You have to first define what success means to you, and then go for it. Don’t let others’ opinions deter you from the life you want. Take responsibility for your actions, engage in supportive communities, and constantly push yourself towards your goals. Self-leadership will get you where you want to go.
What’s in this episode:
- [02:15] How self-leadership presents itself for women and dietitians and how you have to continue challenging and upleveling yourself through the ups and downs
- [06:46] Understanding what success means for you and not letting guilt and shame derail you
- [12:14] How leaning into self-leadership, while sometimes uncomfortable, ultimately provides fulfillment for you, outside of family or other personal responsibilities
- [16:49] The importance of taking responsibility for your actions and how relying too much on others presents a false sense of security
- [22:24] How the self-leadership journey is a learning experience and it’s helpful to be open and willing to how it unfolds
Connect with Kirsten on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/thekirstenscreen/ or by visiting her website at kirstenscreen.com. Follow her on Instagram to learn about private business coaching and business program information. To learn more about creating a business that feels easy, aligned, and fulfilling, on your terms, checking The Realigned Mastermind: https://kirstenscreen.com/rb-mastermind/
Kirsten is hiring a part-time RD in 2023! To inquire, send your resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Brooke at https://www.instagram.com/westnutrition.co/ or by visiting her website at westnutrition.co. Follow her on Instagram to learn about her openings for business intensives for RDs launching their own business and Voxer coaching.